Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)

If you’re applying for a Personalised Employment Pass, want to know what it’s about or need to find out about the requirements of PEP, you’ve come to the right place. So let’s take a look at some of the information below.


What is a Personalised Employment Pass?


PEP is a special, one-time employment pass for highly-skilled individuals who wish to work in Singapore. As the PEP isn’t sponsored by a company, you are free to change jobs without having to go through the process of reapplying for an Employment Pass.


Singapore’s PEP has a validity period of 3 years.


PEP Application Requirements


A Singapore PEP Pass requires that you’re either


  • Earning at least $12,000 a month in Singapore under the Employment Pass (EP), or
  • Drawing $18,000 a month, with your last drawn salary being at least 6 months.


Advantages of PEP


Singapore’s PEP Pass allows you to be unemployed for 6 months in the event that you have decided to take a short break or look for another job. And if you’re planning a vacation overseas, you wouldn’t need to apply for an entry visa travelling in and out of Singapore!


Requirements to hold onto a PEP


  • Earn a fixed income of SGD$144,000 per year, regardless of months in employment
  • Not be unemployed for more than 6 months
  • Not be a director or partner of a company that you are a shareholder of


If you’re legally married or have a common law spouse, you may also apply for either a Dependant’s Pass or Long Term Visa Pass (LTVP) for your spouse or your own parents.


PEP Processing Time


Most PEP applications are processed within 8 weeks. When your application is approved, an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter will be sent to you, which is valid for 6 months. Do collect your PEP pass within this period from Ministry of Manpower (MOM) office, and bring along any relevant documents mentioned in the letter as well.


If you wish to check on your PEP application status, you may wish to visit this website.


Maintaining a PEP


You are required to inform the authorities the latest contact details and employment information. The two places you to go to to update your info is the Employment Pass Online Account (EPOL) and PEP Notification Form.


For EPOL Singapore, you will need to open a Singpass account. After that, you will need to update the


  • Changes and renewal of travel documents
  • Lost or damaged PEP cards (which you have to apply for a replacement as well via EPOL)
  • Changes in residential address


The PEP Notification Form requires that you provide


  • Changes to your employment status within 7 days. Your employment must inform authorities as well using the Notification Form of Employers
  • Change of local contact
  • Annual salary, declared within 30 days on last day of the calendar year

Contact Us

Transform Borders

Тhе suссеss оf оur wоrk fоr еасh сlіеnt іs thе dіrесt rеsult оf а grіttу dеtеrmіnаtіоn tо bе thе vеrу bеst аt whаt wе dо. Іf wе ассерt а сlіеnt, thаt ассерtаnсе соmеs wіth оur соmmіtmеnt thаt wе саn аnd wіll fulfіll hіs/hеr dеmаnds. As immigration is personal, we will get to know you and truly understand your vision, values and goals. We believe in having a life-long business partner we can grow with.